The 2011 International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition and Conference (IBEX) will host a series of seminars with the largest selection of course material in the show’s 21-year history.
More than 100 industry authorities will conduct 91 educational seminars. The show’s Technical Series returns, and the Management, Services and Operations Series is expanding with four new course tracks.
The IBEX 2011 seminar series has 14 specialized tracks covering Design and Engineering–Power, Composites Methods and Materials; Survey and Repair, Wood and Metal; Marine Electrical Systems; Onboard Systems; Boatyard Operations; Manufacturing Management; and Education and Training; plus four new tracks and the second annual Dealer Development track:
- Design & Engineering – Sail, produced by Seahorse International Sailing magazine
- Marine Service, produced by the Association of Marine Technicians (AMTECH)
- Marina Operations, produced by the Association of Marina Industries (AMI)
- Marine Electronics, produced by the National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA)
- Enhanced Dealer Development track, produced by Soundings Trade Only
IBEX 2011 will host more than 500 OEM and aftermarket exhibitors and feature several specialty pavilions, pre-conference sessions, free exhibitor workshops, and special events, plus live outdoor demonstrations by industry professionals utilizing the newest products in real-world application situations.
IBEX 2011 takes place at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Mon., Oct, 17 from 10:00a.m.-6:00p.m.; Tues., Oct. 18 from 10:00a.m.-6:00p.m.; and Wed., Oct. 19 from 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m.