Organize zippers on a Lazy Susan for easy access.
Zippers are cumbersome to organize and store, and are hard to access easily.
Organize and store zippers of various lengths on a hanging Lazy Susan, allowing easy access to sizes and colors.
- andwich a bearing assembly between a round piece of plywood (approximately 14 inches in diameter) and a small square of plywood.
- Then attach a rectangle piece of plywood wider than the round piece to the small square for mounting to the ceiling.
- Mount cup hooks to hang 24-inch, 36-inch, 48-inch, 60-inch, 72-inch, 84-inch, 102-inch and 120-inch zippers of each size and color. With 14 hooks (12 on the perimeter and two inside the circle), the Lazy Susan can easily hold 240 zippers.
- Spin the plywood base to access the zipper needed.
- Over-sizing the bearing assembly is recommended, as there is a lot of weight involved.
Victoria Babylon is owner of Canvas By Victoria in Worton, Md.
Send us a description and photos of a time-saving tool that you created from scratch in your shop. If it runs in the magazine, we’ll pay you $25. Send info to firstname.lastname@example.org.