Eligible North Carolina small businesses can take advantage of a program allowing for reimbursement of booth expenses related to exhibiting at IFAI Expo 2021, Nov. 2–4, 2021, at the Music City Center in Nashville, Tenn.
The Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC) announced another round of funding for the North Carolina State Trade Expansion Program (STEP). The EDPNC, in conjunction with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), provides reimbursement funding to qualifying small businesses to offset certain costs associated with exporting. Because the current global pandemic has limited business opportunities, domestic shows (both in-person and virtual) are now eligible to receive this grant.
Eligible companies must:
- Be organized or incorporated in the U.S.
- Operate in the state of North Carolina
- Fit SBA’s size standards for a Small Business Concern
- Have been in business for no less than ine year
- Be in good standing with the federal government (have not been debarred)
- Be an export-ready U.S. company seeking to export goods or services of U.S. origin or have at least 51 percent U.S. content
- Have access to sufficient resources to bear the costs associated with trade
IFAI Expo 2021 has several exhibit booth options that fit within the available grant funding, and there is currently no limit to the number of eligible companies that can receive funding. Eligible companies that have already booked booths for IFAI Expo 2021 are also able to apply for grant funding.
To learn more, visit the EDPNC Resources Page.