The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) Sailboat Sales Trends section of the 2021 U.S. Recreational Boating Statistical Abstract is now available. The data show retail unit sales of sailboats increased 20% compared to 2020.
Other key insights from the report include:
- Sailboats accounted for $126.1 million in sales in 2021.
- Exports of sailboat units from the U.S. declined 9.2%, whereas sailboat imports increased 43.4%.
Here’s the estimated release schedule for the remaining sections of the 2021 Abstract:
- Boat and Engine Exports & Imports
- Total Industry Sales by Category & State
- Powerboat Sales Trends
- Cruiser, Watersport, Fishing Boat & Trailer Sales Trends
- Pre-Owned Boat Market
- Full Abstract digital copy
The 2021 boat registration section is a standalone report and will be available in Q4 2022. For more information, visit www.nmma.org.