The Sea Tow Foundation’s Boating Safety Advisory Council announced the call for entries for the 2023 National Boating Safety Awards. There is no cost to enter, and applications take less than 10 minutes to complete. The Awards recognize efforts to promote boating safety within the for-profit sector of the boating industry, and two new award categories have been added this year. The full list of categories includes:
• Marine Manufacturer (Boat & Engine)
• Marine Gear/Equipment/Accessories Manufacturer
• Marine Media Outlets
• Marine Public Relations and Marketing Efforts
• Marine Retailer/Distributor with up to 3 Locations/Dealerships
• Marine Retailer/Distributor with 4 or more Locations/Dealerships
• Marine Social Media Influencer
• Marine Trade Association – NEW
• Community Boating/Boating Educational Programs (for profit) – NEW
Participants are welcome to submit multiple applications for various initiatives. To be considered, boating safety efforts must have taken place anytime between January 1, 2022, through June 1, 2023. Applicants are welcome to apply for efforts that have previously earned them an Award, but the applicant will be required to document enhancements or new additions to the effort and ensure it took place during the given dates.
Possible examples that could be considered for entry include email or social media campaigns, advertising that showcases safe boating behaviors, an in-store display, hosting an event, showcasing a product that provides added safety features for boaters, or any number of additional ways that boating safety could be promoted by a for-profit company.
The National Boating Safety Awards will be presented on Monday, October 2, 2023, in Tampa, Fla., prior to the start of IBEX. The entry deadline is Sept. 1, 2023. For more information, visit boatingsafety.com/awards.