Canvas and Deck Digital Templating with Your Camera
Are you in the canvas or deck replacement business and looking for an easier and cost-effective method of templating? That better method is to go digital with your camera and PhotoModeler!
Marine templating can be difficult, time-consuming, and sometimes frustrating! More firms are moving to a digital workflow of CAD and CAM fabric/foam cutting for efficiency and increased customer satisfaction.
Did you know you can use your camera to get accurate measurements on the boat and replace physical templating? PhotoModeler provides the solution, and it is cost-effective – from $59/month.
Please visit the PhotoModeler Marine Page for further detail.
Benefits of PhotoModeler and a Camera for Digital Templating
There are several benefits and advantages of using a camera compared to physical templates or other measurement technology:
- Minimize on-boat time.
- Get accurate and detailed diagrams.
- It works with boats in or out of the water.
- Get missing measurements from the photos without having to revisit the boat.
- Overlay canvas designs on photos for client approval.
- Easier equipment transport to the site (a camera and targets).
- Works with your favorite CAD software.
- Extract tubes as full 3D NURBS – no estimating from just a few points.
- A flexible tool that can be used for canvas, decks, dashboards, glazing, and other hull fitments.
Digital Templating for Deck Replacement
With PhotoModeler’s Letter Sheet Targets, a camera, and PhotoModeler you can also replace your physical templates for outlining the non-slip areas of boat decks. Then send the data to CAD and a cutter for producing custom-fitted EVA foam deck and similar.
Please visit the
for further detail on 2D template digitizing, deck measurement, and canvas measurement.