This page was printed from https://marinefabricatormag.com

NMMA redirects Grow Boating assessments

January 1st, 2009 / By: / Industry News

As a result of the current economic downturn, the board of the National Marine Manufacturers Association unanimously approved a temporary redirection of Grow Boating assessments to support immediate sales-driving efforts at the manufacturer and dealer level. The redirection will begin with assessments incurred on or after Oct. 1, 2008, and continue through June 30, 2009.

It was agreed the industry would be better served by redirecting 85 percent of assessments toward a combination of efforts designed to increase dealer sales while maintaining some momentum of the Discover Boating campaign, with the remaining 15 percent supporting public relations, DiscoverBoating.com, Marine Industry Dealership Certification and a few additional core programs. The NMMA board will readdress the redirection at its meeting in May.

The Discover Boating campaign has generated more than 175,000 prospects, and more than 12,000 of those prospects have purchased a boat, while integrated marketing efforts achieved brand awareness, reaching 37 percent of its target market in three years—well beyond similar programs in other industries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments are moderated and will show up after being approved.