The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) recently announced entries are being accepted for the 2010 International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition & Conference (IBEX) Innovation Awards, one of the marine industry’s most prestigious honors. The Awards presentation takes place during the show’s annual Industry Awards Breakfast on September 28.
IBEX Innovation Awards are judged by Boating Writers International (BWI) in recognition of exceptionally innovative new marine equipment and processes in the OEM and aftermarket sector, and will be on display throughout IBEX September 28-30 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville.
NMMA and BWI will recognize up to 13 new products, plus one Environmental Award, at IBEX 2010. Exhibiting companies may submit products for consideration in the following categories:
- Boatbuilding Methods &
Materials (techniques and equipment to build boats)
- Deck Equipment and Hardware (Rigging, rope, docking and anchoring equipment, boat covers, canvas work, mooring gear, steering mechanisms and wheels, exterior and underwater lighting, etc.)
- Furnishings &
Interior Parts (appliances, furniture, lighting, textiles, interior systems, galley)
- Mechanical Systems (air conditioning, heating, plumbing, ventilation, pumps, tanks and fuel systems, etc.)
- Electrical Systems (AC/DC onboard and shore power systems, batteries, control apparatus, battery management tools, etc.)
- Inboard Engines (sterndrives, jet drives, diesel and gas inboard engines, struts and shafts, inboard engine equipment)
- Outboard Engines (outboard engines and electrical systems, trolling motors and props for outboards)
- Boatyard Hardware (yard installed boat lifts, cranes, docks, marina equipment and software -management programs, inventory and job flow software, etc.)
- Propulsion Parts, Propellers (engine equipment and gauges, trim tabs, engine maintenance)
- Boat Care and Maintenance (coatings, chemicals, paints, finishes, additives, oils and tools)
- OEM Electronics (entertainment, navigational, onboard systems, instrumentation, sonar, software, etc.)
- Trailers, Parts and Trailer Accessories
- Safety Equipment
The submission deadline for Innovation Award entries is September 2. The application form can be downloaded at IBEXShow.com. Contact Melissa Skomedal at +1 312 946 6281 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the IBEX 2010 Innovation Awards.