Use rain gutters as storage for ends of tables and next to sewing machines.
Small tools and marking pens are often hard to find and can get misplaced around the shop or under projects on the work table.
Build a simple storage compartment with lengths of vinyl gutter and end caps for holding items on the edges of layout tables and next to sewing machines. They can be cut to any length and installed on the edge of tables with sheetrock screws.
- 14-foot length of PVC rain gutter
- Snap-on PVC end caps for the gutter
- Sheetrock screws
- Driver drill with Phillips bit
- Cut gutter to desired length with a hack saw
- Snap on the end caps
- Use sheetrock screws to secure to table
- Enjoy your off-table storage
Mark and his wife, Deb, own and operate Hood Marine Canvas and Hood Marine Canvas Training Workshops in Merrimac, Mass. For more information, visit www.hoodcanvas.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Send us a description and photos of a time-saving tool that you created from scratch in your shop. If it runs in the magazine, we’ll pay you $25. Send info to email@example.com.