The Women in Textiles Virtual Summit taking place the afternoon of Thursday, March 4, and the morning of Friday, March 5 has announced its speaker line-up for the event. The goal of the summit is to strengthen the advancement of women and men through an interactive forum that provides education, networking and dialogue about important issues affecting women in business. The event will explore how women are contributing to the success of their organizations and the textile industry.
Emcee and speaker line-up:
- Emcee: Apurba Banerjee, Ph.D. Principal Textiles Engineer—Hand Tools, Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation
- Emcee: Rachal McCarthy, President, NTI Global
- Meredith Boyd, Senior Vice President, Innovation and Technology, Unifi Manufacturing, Inc.
- Courtney Cruzan, Vice President of Sourcing & Product Development, brrr°
- Lucy E. Dunne, Ph.D., Professor Director, Apparel Design Program, University of Minnesota, Co-Director of Wearable Technology Lab
- Sabrina Finlay, CEO, Otabo
- Kim Glas, President and CEO, NCTO
- Paige Mullis, Brand Director, Glen Raven
As with an in-person show, attendees will immerse themselves in education, discussions and networking for several hours, allow time for reflection overnight, with additional immersion and reconnection the following morning. The event will take place on the virtual platform, Remo, which is easy and fun to use. The IFAI member price for the virtual event is $69 and $169 for nonmembers. IFAI staff and committee members are currently working on a modified schedule, which will be released in the coming weeks.
For more information and to register for the virtual event, visit www.ifai.com/women/.