The American Boat & Yacht Council’s (ABYC) annual Educator Training Conference takes place virtually July 20-22, 2021. Designed for high school and post-secondary instructors, as well as boating industry leaders who want to get more involved in creating a strong future workforce, anyone involved in the marine tech space is encouraged to attend.
Agenda topics and the speaker lineup include:
- Market Data to Drive Your Program–Steve Kitchin (New England Institute of Technology), Randall Lyons (Massachusetts Marine Trades Association), Lia Jaros (Maryland Marine Trades Association)
- Top Skills Marine Service Employers Expect of New Hires–Mike Bonicker (ABYC), Paul Kaplan (Keefe Kaplan Maritime)
- Connecting My School and Students to the Industry–Holly Ashton (Safe Harbor Marinas), Matt Jones (Diversified Marine Services)
- Shop Visits–Mike Beamer (Skagit Valley Community College), Ryan Ramsay (Impact Institute), Nate Andrew (The Landing School), Ted Chamberlin (New England Institute of Technology)
- Outboard Basics–Industry representatives
- Composites 101–Justin Taylor (The Landing School)
- Top Tips from the 2020 ABYC Educator of the Year Award Recipients–Stephen Spencer (Palm Beach State College), Maurice Marchand (H. Lavity Stoutt Community College), Ryan Ramsay (Impact Institute)
- Skills USA: An Invaluable Addition to Your Program–Chelle Travis (Skills USA), Joe Maniscalco (Yamaha), Rob Berenwick (Ocean County Vocational Technical School)
- Virtual Field Trip: Amazing Marinas and Boatyards–Mike Bonicker (ABYC)
- Mad Skill Building with Industry Experts–Ed Sherman (ABYC Emeritus), Rob Berenwick (Ocean County Vocational Technical School).
For more information, visit www.teachboats.org.