The International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition & Conference (IBEX) will highlight advances in electrification technology through the addition of new education and product components, including a new seminar track for 2022. As part of the track on Wednesday, September 28, the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) and IBEX will hold a free special session: Next Generation Marine Propulsion Systems and the Path Forward.
Speakers will offer an in-depth look and strategic insight surrounding the realities and impacts of implementing next-generation technologies into the recreational boating industry and marine space. The technologies to be discussed include advancing battery performance, renewable biofuels and building out a supportive infrastructure. Additional educational opportunities in the electrification and next-gen propulsion space include a pre-conference session, SNAME Presents Design of Electric & Hybrid Propulsion Systems for Small Craft, on Monday, September 26 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Tuesday and Wednesday, seminars include:
- Designing Boats for Electric Propulsion
- Can We Decarbonize Boating?
- What’s Coming for the New 2023 Edition of the National Electrical Code
- Understanding the New Lithium-Ion Standard
- So You Want to Build an Electric Boat: Will You Comply?
- Marina Electrical Infrastructure Requirements for Charging Electric Vessels
- Battery-Powered VRV AC for the Modern Boat
In addition, over 30 exhibiting companies with a focus on electrification, hybrid propulsion and sustainable technologies will be showcased through the new Electrification Product Route.
For more information, visit ibexshow.com.