Advanced Textiles Association (ATA) announced the winners of the 2022 International Achievement Awards (IAA) at IFAI Expo 2022, Oct. 12-14, in Charlotte, N.C. ATA’s goal with the IAA is to promote awareness of the specialty fabrics used in thousands of products and applications in the rapidly growing, $130 billion-plus dollar global fabrics marketplace.
ATA received a total of 200 entries in 42 categories for this year’s competition. Winners were selected based on complexity, design, workmanship, uniqueness and function. Judges included industry experts, editors, architects, educators and design professionals.
The International Achievement Awards competition is sponsored by ATA, a not-for-profit trade association with more than 1,600 member companies representing the international specialty fabrics and technical textiles marketplace.
Below are the seven major category winners:
- Awnings & Canopies: Fabritecture for Dreamworld Steel, Taipan, Queensland, Australia
- Advanced Textiles: University of California, Davis for CalmWear: A Smart Tactile Sensory Stimulation Clothing
- Fabric Environments: Pfeifer Spatial Structures (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. for Ningbo Enrich Life Bio-Tec Factory and Office Building
- Fabric Structures: FTL Design Engineering Studio for Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater
- Geosynthetic Projects: Propex for Des Moines Riverbank Stabilization
- Marine: In Stiches Customs for Fountain of Youth
- Tent: Sandone Productions for Mountain Cathedral
To view all entries, photos and detailed project descriptions, click here.