The 2008 Recreational Boating Statistical Abstract reveals an in-depth look at boating trends, the boating industry and its impact on the economy last year.
- Recreational boating in the United States contributed $33.6 billion to the economy
- 76 percent of boat owners earn less than $100,000 per year
- 17 million boats are on the water, 95 percent of which are less than 26 feet long
- The average price of a new outboard boat, engine and trailer was $29,388
- Boat sales were most active in May, June and July
- Boating participation increased to 70.1 million adults, compared to 66.4 million in 2007